Upgrading to Firefox 2.0?

Simon simon80-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 6 16:49:33 UTC 2006

Actually, there's a more relevant except from the GPL concerning this:

"Finally, any free program is threatened constantly by software
patents.  We wish to avoid the danger that redistributors of a free
program will individually obtain patent licenses, in effect making the
program proprietary.  To prevent this, we have made it clear that any
patent must be licensed for everyone's free use or not licensed at all."

Seems to me that this is identical to what Novell has done, licensed
patents, but not for everyone.  I don't think it takes a lawyer to
figure out that there's a conflict here.  I just hope somebody cares
about combatting this FUD enough to take them to court and force their
hand.

Simon