The "Net Neutrality War" comes to Canada.

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 2 18:09:41 UTC 2006

--- Sy Ali <sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 11/2/06, Rob Sutherland <rob-3Aypa9sX/B7wvR0lvYjcXw at public.gmane.org>
> wrote:
> > On Thursday 02 November 2006 06:41, Sy Ali wrote:
> > >
> > > I still like the idea of packet radio and phone
> networks more than
> > > this interweeb thing.
> >
> > Time to dust off the Fidotech, hey :-)
>
> Let's start up an international amateur radio
> internet.  =)

Been done. Guess I should blow (shovel?) the dust off
my 1,200 BPS packet radio modem and fire up my 25 watt
2 meter transceiver ... those were the days... Still
have my licence (VE3ZAA).

I remember talking to one Toronto area amateur radio
operator who via packet radio was getting 25 second
ping times into the Toronto Free-Net (ok, so his
connection was going via a router in New Zealand, but
...).