Handheld PDA units running Linux (or not)

Simon simon80-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 2 02:47:48 UTC 2006

Have you thought about getting a Nokia 770? Most people I've talked to
haven't heard of it.

800x480 screen size
250MHz (I think) TI OMAP 1710, ARM core + C55x DSP + other stuff
802.11g wireless + Bluetooth
speaker, mic, 3.5mm audio jack, RS-MMC slot, which you can find 2GB
cards for (need a kernel patch to go above 1GB, but this works fine, I
have a 2GB card)

On top of that hardware, it runs a derivative of Debian, has apt and a
GUI frontend to apt, and comes with a couple of closed-source
components, like the web browser.  The other reason why I mention it
is that at $350 USD, it's cheaper than most or all of the handhelds
you mention.