Handheld PDA units running Linux (or not)

Stan Witkowski Stan-PAleLrdANoqY+5vIsb+96wC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 1 19:42:32 UTC 2006

I'd like to buy one of the Sharp units listed below.

1. If anyone has one and would like to sell it, please contact me.
        (Older Zaurus units are OK too.)

2. If you know of WHERE IN TORONTO I can get Sharp Zaurus units *OR*
    the other units listed below, especially the OQO or Samsung Q1,
    please let me know.

I especially like the idea that one can run Linux or similar on
the Zaurus units.  My MAIN reason for getting one of these PDA sized units
is to display stock market charts on the screen.
This likely means "rolling my own" apps to do that, and having Linux
on the Zaurus units. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth would be nice, if possible.

Sharp Zaurus
- SL-5600
- SL-6000W   with built-in 802.11b Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- SL-C3200      (the new OpenBSD 4.0 available on it!)

I'm interested in where to buy these in Toronto also (only for displaying
stock charts - I don't give a damn if these units also wash dishes or
slice bread - I have no interestin using them for that...)

- OQO
- Samsung Q1
- Raon Vega 1.06 lbs
   The Raon Vega is the smallest Windows XP machine in the world.
- Sony Vaio UX 1.15 lbs
   The 1.15 lb Sony Vaio UX series features a 1.2ghz Core Solo, 1GB RAM,
   and optional 32GB solid state or 80gb HDD. 32GB solid state and 1gb RAM
models now in stock!

Note: The only units I'm interested in are HANDHELD PDAs. Usually one lb.
or less.

Stan