advice and pointers on Apache, Bind/DNS, Ubuntu

Yanni Chiu yanni-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 2 01:59:57 UTC 2006

John Van Ostrand wrote:
> You could setup BIND to support dynamic DNS and use the nsupdate program
> to perform the update from the web signon.

I had a quick look at the nsupdate - since I had
tinydns running but lost it, when I had to reinstall
Ubuntu. I think I'll stick with tinydns, since
the configuration seems to be so much simpler.
(Athough, I had to do a dance to get it installed,
due to the author's quirks which prevent it from
being part of debian).