KnoppMyth Install Event.

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 1 16:39:45 UTC 2006

--- Merv Curley <mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 31 October 2006 20:50, Colin McGregor
> wrote:
>
> Hopefully I'll be there.  Street parking I assume.

There is a parking lot on the east side of the
building, but with the TV crew I am NOT sure what will
be happening in the lot this weekend. So, street
parking is a sure bet, but there is a question mark on
anything else.

> > > The new Factory Direct store on Kennedy Rd,
> > > Scarborough had a dozen of so
> > > Adaptec AVC 2410 in stock this afternnon.  The
> price
> > > is within a penny of $50
> > > which is $20 less than the best price I've found
> for
> > > a Hauppauge PVR-150.
> >
> > Yes, I got one when they were on special at
> Factory
> > Direct. Decent card, not thrilled with the
> included
> > remote control, but that can be fixed easily
> enough.
> >
> I am hopeful that it is compatible with my Harmony
> controller and can be added
> to the list of operations it handles.

The Harmony remote should be fine. Remote control
stuff is handled via the LIRC program and they can
deal with the vast majority of remotes out there. The
only remotes that seem to be ... "problematic" with
LIRC are ones from Bang & Olufsen.

> I am looking for a desktop case which will sit in an
> audio rack, I assume a
> quiet power supply is the most essential thing.
> Recommendations?

Quiet is very desirable, how you get there is up to
you. Quiet power supply, fanless video card, quiet (or
fanless) CPU cooler, and case with sound deadening all
have a role to play.

> I have a Zap2it Labs account for Maxemum TV Guide, I
> assume that is ok for
> Myth?

Not sure.