Smalltalk Club

Chris Cunnington cunnington-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed May 31 17:48:15 UTC 2006

Although Debian has not included Sqeuak (the Smalltalk virtual machine) in
its distro yet, as the licensing details have not been reset from the form
Apple made for them in 1996, I'm not going to wait.

I'm starting a Toronto ... Well, THE Toronto Smalltalk club.

http://www.brokentomb.com

Yes, there is an existing club called the Toronto Smalltalk Users Group, but
if they never have meetings (mine will be monthly) then are they really a
club?

Or put another way, a Smalltalk way, if an object is an instance of a class,
then isn't that the same thing as saying a muffin is an instance of a
recipe? Is there a difference between the instance of a muffin and a muffin?
If not, then why to Smalltalk people confuse the issue by using the word
instance at all. I can guess that you need a recipe (class) to make a muffin
(object).

:)

If you want to hash out the mysteries of Smalltalk with me, I'll be in the
bar. (see link above)