wget

Daniel Armstrong dwarmstrong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 26 21:42:03 UTC 2006

On 5/26/06, Jamon Camisso <jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Check Section 4 (the bottommost) on the following page:
> http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Global/AboutOCW/newsletterfeb05.htm
>
> It lists akamai urls for the course material you are trying to access.
> It also lists urls on archive.org.
>
> Hope this gets you a step closer,

No luck. I was following the instructions from MIT's OpenCourseWare
FAQ, which states that the akamai links are strictly for streaming
video - I confirmed this by trying to use wget on the link and came up
with an empty file. To actually download the files for off-line
viewing you need to use the ocw.mit.edu link... and the files I want
are not stored at archive.org.