colocation for servers

John Van Ostrand john-Da48MpWaEp0CzWx7n4ubxQ at public.gmane.org
Tue May 23 20:13:22 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 13:13 -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> HELO,
>
> I'm looking to colocate a (single) server somewhere. We'll provide the
> box...we're looking for four or five 9s uptime and a nice connection to
> that there interweb. (Note: I'm not looking to host my own box in the
> basement; this is for a corporate site.)
>
> Has anyone had positive (or negative) experiences they'd like to share?
> Please feel free to respond off-list as it is a bit off-topic. If there's
> interest I'm happy to provide a summary back to the list.

Hi Emma,

We offer a niche form of colocation. We offer server rental and
colocation packages with more of a personal touch than the large colo
firms and telcos.

The benefit is that you get to know the people here in our office and
they get to know you. Our consultants can answer questions and can help
with hardware or software problems. We are very knowledgeable in Linux
and web services. In other words you won't end up talking to a
operations desk person with little or no experience.

If it gives you comfort knowing that there are highly skilled people
ready to back you up in a moment of crisis then consider Net Direct.

--
John Van Ostrand
         Net Direct Inc.

Chief Technology Officer