As of today, free skype out to Canada & US

Tom Watts wattst-dxuVLtCph9gsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue May 16 15:23:18 UTC 2006

Kyril Stoikopoulos wrote:
> welcome to the future of the phone system.
> Long distance will be a thing of the past
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sy Ali" <sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

I didn't really have much to add to this thread until this last post.
For me, Skype has not been a real replacement for a phone.  Mind you I
haven't used it in the past two or three months, but whenever I have
used it in the past, people on the other end always have a hard time
hearing me or say that there is an "electronic distortion" to my voice.
  I don't think it's my microphone since I can record perfectly clear
messages and then play them back in Audacity.  I have a high-speed
connection and don't run bandwidth-hogging apps while talking; has
anyone else had the problems with Skype I've just discussed?

BTW: Far be it for me to trash Skype, as a matter of fact I think it's
great and free SkypeOut is an amazing offer, but it's just not a
telephone replacement, quality-wise.