FC5 Pukes on my machine

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon May 8 18:18:37 UTC 2006

Paul King wrote:
> And yes, I know that Fedora is supposed to be free, but that is what the
> website says, and there seems to be no portal to allow Fedora updates;
> in fact there is not much mention of Fedora at all. I get the feeling
> now that Fedora has now become a one-time download of an experimental
> and possibly broken set of RPMs, and if you want bug fixes and the like,
> then you have to purchase "entitlements" from RedHat.

I would be interested to know which web site says that. I do remember that
RedHat offered a service where you could get priority access to updates for
their distros if you paid money. If you didn't pay, you just had to fight it
out with everyone else to get access to the public servers with updates.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: