[tpm] CORRECTION **** MJD Coming to Toronto Sat 13 May 2006

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 31 23:12:45 UTC 2006

On 31 Mar 2006 10:25:34 -0500, G. Matthew Rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Richard Dice <rdice-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:
> > A reminder:  if you'd like to provide a code contribution for MJD's talk then
> > please get it to him by April 14, so that he'll have time to incorporate it
> > into the talk.  (Prizes are available for contributors; see the attached
> > message.)
> >
> > A note on fundraising:
> >
> > I collected $310 in cash from people at the meeting last night, only some of
> > which was previously pledged.  Thanks very much, folks.  That, plus
> > outstanding pledges, puts us at about 1/2 there.
>
> Richard,
>
> Since, undoubtedly, a number of TLUGgers will attend and benefit from this
> talk, perhaps they may be interested in a) knowing about it and b) sponsoring
> the event.
>
> Maybe GTALUG could help out, too?

It seems an excellent idea for some GTALUG people to head out and
potentially help sponsor the event.  It would be in poor taste to go,
and not do *something* other than look guilty when they pass around
the hat...

I don't think it makes sense at this point for GTALUG to try to be
involved in payment; that convolutes things unnecessarily, as there's
not thousand$ of dollar$ to throw at thing$.

Alas, May 13th I'm elsewhere :-(

> Anyway, my apoligies if this already made it to TLUG/NewTLUG lists.
>
> For anyone that doesn't know MJD, his talks are worth going to see (umm, it's
> a Perl thing, too :).

I think I'd sorta rather hear the Higher Order Perl talk, but this
could be good...
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)