local store with ADSL filters, cheap?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 25 20:04:42 UTC 2006

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> I'm setting up Sympatico ADSL in a house with a lot of phones.  For
> each phone you need to place a filter between the phone and the jack.
> Sympatico includes four filters in the kit.

If you don't mind doing a bit of minor rewiring, you can get by with
only one filter.  Modern home phone cables have 3 pairs in them.  Simply
connect the incoming line to the 2nd or 3rd pair.  Then use one filter
between that pair and the 1st, which is connected to all the phones.
You can even get filters with lugs, on them, instead of RJ11 connectors,
so that you can install the filter behind a wall jack.