/bckupdrv how big?

Chris Aitken caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 14 15:15:30 UTC 2006

Tim Writer wrote:

>Chris Aitken <caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org> writes:
>

>>Chris Aitken wrote:
>>

>>>Tim Writer wrote:
>>>
>>><snip>

>>I still had the modified fstab when I rebooted this morning. I got a prompt
>>to enter root password or hit Ctrl-D. I entered the root password and vi
>>/etc/fstab. I modified the line...
>>
>>/dev/hdb1                 /bckupdrv               ext3    defaults        1 2
>>

>>back to the original...
>>LABEL=/                 /bckupdrv               ext3    defaults        1 2
>>
>>However the system won't let me save fstab. I get "can't open file for
>>writing" when I try to save with wq!
>>

>When you're in maintenance mode,

I don't know what maintenance mode is but a quick google niplies it's
the same as single user mode. I followed the instructions for that and
it brings me to the same message:

***An error ocurred during the file system check.
***Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
***when you leave the shell.
GIve root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D to continue):

I'll give the root password and hope that this time it lets me save
fstab (it didn't last time).

Chris