[OT] Kevin Mitnick film

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 7 03:58:17 UTC 2006

From:           	Ken Burtch <kburtch-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
> It's a movie so I expect some artistic license.  The Mitnick affair has
> been debated ever since the book "Cyberpunk" came under fire for
> twisting the facts about Mitnick and his friends to make a better read.
> However, to the movie's credit, I believe these events happened before
> the Web, or at least in the very early days, so not using the Web to get
> the phone number is probably accurate.
>
> KB

No, I said that they thought of the web, (this was after 1999/possibly early
2000), but didn't think of the obvious - the yellow pages.

Again, I don't wish to debate the basic premise of the film. I just wish to point
out the idealistic naivete of the filmers, which I believe the makers of the film
hadn't intended.

Paul King