open source license questions

Aaron Vegh aaronvegh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 4 18:53:46 UTC 2006

Ah. And this morning, I received a message from one of the authors
(the date select application -- thank god! that would have been the
harder to replace) that he grants permission for me to use his code in
my GPL'd project.

So the opinion of all the non-lawyers here is that I can't use the
code unless specifically granted the right to do so...

Thanks,
Aaron.