TOC Linux

James McIntosh jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 3 21:07:44 UTC 2006

I'm not positive that this is on topic ... but here goes.

You were discussing the intelligence of end users.

Some say that users really are brain-dead incompetents. That all they know
is to click on an icon.

Some mention that users are intelligent people, and can be very competent
in their job, and can intently resent being treated as brain-dead
incompetents.

Sometimes actual I.T. contractors can make major mistakes, too.

I was a contractor at Workers' Compensation Board of Ontario.

We had a report that one of the PCs had stopped working.

We investigated.

The boyfriend of the department manager was an I.T. contractor, and had
deleted some files from his PC.

He had deleted all the files that didn't contain legible text.

Several dozen, or several hundred, or several thousand files.

I have no idea why.

You would be surprised how many files on a PC running OS/2 can be deleted
before the operating system stops working.

He was the boyfriend of the department head, so his contract was not
shortened.

J. E. McIntosh   <jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org>