TOC Linux

Randy Jonasz rjonasz-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 3 05:48:18 UTC 2006

Thanks John,

After looking it over, it appears the greatest hurdle to overcome is the
cost of retraining.  I think  the study does not effectiveky represent
this.  Alas, we live in a windows world and people have become accustomed to
how that OS functions.  To teach a whole new skill set to a Sales Rep who
only wants to update his contacts and fire off sales proposals is daunting.
We would have to account for an intial reduction in productivity and
possible lower morale as people reject change.  This is not to say that OS
solutions are not viable. But I am finding the greatest objection to
conversion is what I have mentioned.

Thanks again for the link!

Randy

On 3/2/06, John McGregor <mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> This study done over a five year period by the federal government should
> help
> your project quite a bit.
>
> http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/fap-paf/oss-ll/foss-llo/model_e.asp
>
> John