How to add a charset for Linux libxml2 and libiconv?

frankpeng-VsqqI1RANlHk1uMJSBkQmQ at public.gmane.org frankpeng-VsqqI1RANlHk1uMJSBkQmQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 27 23:15:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am working on a project to set up an Apache reverse proxy server. The server need to modify the web pages' content in order to make it work. It has to deal with different charsets and convert them sometimes. The libxml2 I got does not supporting GB2312 charset. Actually this is the same as EUC_CN. This charset is supported in libiconv. There is a little job needed to make an aliase GB2312 for EUC_CN and add a charset in libxml2 source then recompile it. Any one familiar with this please give a hand!

I would share the experience of Sequoia database cluster, Tomcat two-way SSL(Client Authentication) set up, Sequoia database SSL and Apache forward proxy server over SSL if any one needed. Please visit my multilanguage web site, https://breakevilaxis.org/mvnforum/mvnforum/index?lang=en
If you want French, you can change it on the fly:
https://breakevilaxis.org/mvnforum/mvnforum/index?lang=fr

Thanks a lot!

Frank Peng.