wish i had a clue stick to smack buffet upside the head!

Rick Tomaschuk rickl-ZACYGPecefkm4kRHVhTciCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 28 02:25:19 UTC 2006

No one likes to see human suffering. The studies I've seen (60 Minutes,
the press...) indicate only a very small percentage of aid $$ ends up
benefiting the intended people. The bulk of aid $$ ends up buying posh
lifestyles for third world leaders and their underlings. I'm not that
optimistic about the 'one laptop per child' effort for this reason.
Better to educate people and let them develop their own 'tools' whether
software or hardware. Companies such as M$FT only has it's own interest
in mind from what I can see...resulting in perpetual ignorance and
reliance on one supplier for solutions. A bad combination for most
benefiting only a few. Gates is hiding behind 'charity' to create an
image. The reality is he and his cohorts are thieves pure and simple.
Nothing changes that fact unless they give back all the money they have
duped out of consumers.

--
http://www.TorontoNUI.ca