Rogers Portable Internet

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 23 19:39:40 UTC 2006

On 6/23/06, bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org <bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Does anyone use the new wireless Rogers Portable Internet
> (http://www.shoprogers.com/Store/Cable/InternetContent/portable.asp)?
> If so, are there any problems setting it up in Linux? Can I use a
> router to share it between 2 computers?

Yes.

I've got wireless for my business -- because wired is impossible to
get working properly here.

It's working fine.. it's just a standard net connection.. we link it
to a D-Link AirPlus-G Wireless VPN Router and it handles all the
connectivity nonsense.. then the connection gets shared out via wires
and over the air.

It's working great...

.. except for the 30GB limit.  With no warnings and immediate
disconnection when it's violated.  Oh, and businesses have no way to
check their usage except to phone in.  Sad.