Becoming a sysadmin (was: LPIC exam)

Jason Spiro jasonspiro-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 20 21:13:42 UTC 2006

On 6/20/06, hui xu <louiehui_xu-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Could anybody tell me where has a good training course on linux admin?  a
> good trainning means not only for exam but can really learn something deep.

Do you use Linux at home every day? The first step to becoming a Linux
system administrator is to learn to use Linux.

The best way to do this is to delete the C:\WINDOWS directory from all
your computers. That way, you won't be tempted to use Windows anymore,
because you won't be able to.

Sorry to be pedantic but: Do you have Linux installed? Which distro?
Which version? How much have you used it? Did you have any problems
with it? Does it have support for all the things you enjoy doing on
your computer, including BitTorrent / LimeWire and DVD burning if
applicable? (P2P file sharing and video capabilities are the most
common requested features with Linux that are not set up by default on
most Linux distros.)

Also, list: Are commercial postings frowned upon on this list? I do
in-home / in-office Linux training throughout the GTA for a reasonable
fee.

Kind regards,
Jason

--
Jason Spiro: computer consulting with a smile.
Specializing in Linux: Red Hat AS / ES, Debian, and others. We do Windows too.