Persistant smartd errors...

Tue Jun 20 14:53:40 UTC 2006

I originally posted this to the hardware list, but got no response, so
I'm trying it here, too.  Any input would be appreciated.

A few weeks ago I started seeing prefailure messages in my logwatch
emails - it appeared that my hard drive was failing.

I dutifully bought a new drive, reinstalled on it, and pulled my data
over.  I finally got around to setting up smartd again, and I see more
prefailure messages of the same ilk - on the new drive.  The old drive
is still plugged in, and it is not mounted, but monitored, and has begun
showing Seek_Time_Performance errors (again) as well.  Here is an excerpt
of my logs as summarized by logwatch: