A few words about Crumz Restaurant

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 10 19:50:47 UTC 2006

TLUGers:

A few weeks ago there was a thread discussing any recommended WIFi
internet cafe's. I mentioned Crumz here in Oakville as an alternative to
Starbuck's. I couldn't give much more detail, but I now have a few other
things to say about it, since I have now been there.

The service is very good. There is a distinctive Eurpoean atmosphere to
the place (tasteful furniture, still life paintings next to abstract
paintings depicting Einstein among other images -- I don't know why that
works as "European" but it seems to), a table of 4 PCs for people who
forgot to bring their laptops. On one side is a widescreen TV which was
tuned into the World Cup, in 5.1 surround.

If you bring a laptop, Internet is free; if you use their computers it's
about $3.50 flat rate. That is to say, there is no timer, and no login.
They use Windows XP. Usage of their PCs can be free also, so long as you
purchase a main course. They serve the usual Espresso, Latte, and so on.
However, the owner tells me that he has also some imported Turkish
coffee. All meals, sandwiches, and pastries are made on-site (unlike
Starbucks).

The only thing was that I wasn't satisfied with the location of and
number of plugins for laptops. Some plugins require going across seating
areas or across workstations, which may form a trip hazard for people
sitting away from the plugins, and in some cases (such as in my case), I
may have to bring an extension cord in case there is a crowd of people
and the better-situated plugins are taken. The day that I was there,
however, there was plenty of room, and if I brought my laptop, there
would have been no trouble finding a suitable plugin without having to
bring my own extension (I worry about this, because the battery on my
laptop usually lasts a matter of minutes before dying on me).

The website is http://www.crumzcafe.ca/, and it is located in the Town
Square on Lakeshore and George St.

Paul King