Apache help

Aaron Vegh aaronvegh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 8 12:21:27 UTC 2006

Hi there,
Not sure which version of Apache you're using, but I've found this
document very helpful in setting up vhosts:

>From http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/vhosts/examples.html#default

Setup 1: Catching every request to any unspecified IP address and
port, i.e., an address/port combination that is not used for any other
virtual host.
Server configuration:

    <VirtualHost _default_:*>
    DocumentRoot /www/default
    </VirtualHost>

Using such a default vhost with a wildcard port effectively prevents
any request going to the main server.

Cheers,
Aaron.