Anyone get "Elephant's Dream" to work?

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 2 22:46:05 UTC 2006

Hi

According to the rave reviews given by LUG Radio, Elephant's Dream is the first
Dreamworks-quality, all-digital animation based entirely on open-source products.
It is not feature-length, so I can't call it a "movie" exactly. It is about 20
minutes long, and has one version that is done for high-definition TV.

The GIMP, for example, was used to make most of the images you saw. I don't
recall about how the movement happens. The format is AVI, that, as far as I can
tell, has no codec known to man that can properly play it.

I got nowhere under Debian Sarge. XMMS, XINE, and Totem couldn't play it at all;
and under Windows, the only player that recognised it was DIVX, but alas, DIVX
could not render the sound. The kind of data was called "Tag 8192", whatever that
is.

The high-definition format played jerkily for me (my processor speed is likely
too slow), while the "1024" format ran at a decent speed.

Anyone know how to play this sucker back with full audio?

Paul King