partition headaches

John Van Ostrand john-Da48MpWaEp0CzWx7n4ubxQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 27 14:45:41 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 10:26 -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 10:01:39AM -0400, John Van Ostrand wrote:
> > You should be able to re-write the partitions in correct order using
> > fdisk. It would involve the scary task of deleting the partitions and
> > re-adding them with the same start, end, and type values. I've done this
> > in presentations to demystify partition tables.
>
> That still doesn't solve the fact NTFS is now partition 3 while boot.ini
> probably thinks it should be partition 1.  Assuming that is the problem.

What I was getting at was that you can re-order your partitions in fdisk
manually.  Once you've deleted all the partitions make the NTFS
partition first followed by the Linux ones. That will make it partition
1. Just make sure that the start, end and type match.

--
John Van Ostrand
         Net Direct Inc.

Chief Technology Officer