GPG Key Signing

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 23 16:46:54 UTC 2006

On 7/23/06, Jamon Camisso <jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Christopher Browne wrote:
> > I have added a page to the Wiki on this
> > <http://gtalug.org/wiki/GPG_Key_Signing>...
> >
> > Do we have someone who could speak with some authority on PGP, GPG,
> > the Web of Trust, and such, as a part of a meeting where we'd seek to
> > do a fairly massive key signing?
>
> Part of Linux in the Park?

It seems to me that doing too many things there would be dilutive of
doing any of them effectively...  But if people came with passports/ID
and copies of their fingerprints, I'm sure some signatures could get
signed...

> What about having a known signer with
> somewhat predictable monthly (or something) appearances at the cafe too?
> That is, if someone is willing.

That would be a great idea; listing that on www.biglumber.com would
seem a useful mechanism for both publicity and for people to easily
prepare for such a signing.  This presumably only needs permission
from David; if someone wants to commit to being there periodically,
available for key signings, that requires no special LUG involvement,
only someone's personal committment...
Oddly enough, this is completely standard behaviour for shells. This
is a roundabout way of saying `don't use combined chains of `&&'s and
`||'s unless you think Gödel's theorem is for sissies'.