Bugs in Acme::Bleach

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 2 19:15:07 UTC 2006

I tried Acme::Bleach, not before reading the docs on it, of course ...

I tried the following 5-line source file:

    #! /bin/perl

    use Acme::Bleach;

    print "Hello, world!\n";

if you count the lines in the file, you get 6 lines (I placed a carriage
return after the line with "Hello, world!\n").

Running the file works as documented :-) with one problem ... the five
line file has changed in to a file greater than 20 lines, with tab
characters which were never there before.

I question this rather undocumented behaviour, and would raise a question
as to whether this module would really suit the needs of the average user!

:-)

Yes, a great module for scaring the daylights out of programmers...

Paul