IRiver mp3 Player

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 4 01:14:42 UTC 2006

Well in spite of all the warnings in a thread a while back, I gambled and
bought a T30 model a few days ago.  My old cassette player is a drag to use
when  this new technology is available.

The T30 is supported by libgphoto2 and shows up in gtkam.  The Konqueror
kioslave, kamera,  doesn't find it.  Apart from that, can someone tell me
where to go for information on what is involved in transferring tunes to this
little beast?  Like where do the song titles come from?  I have never made an
music CD so I am still in the Neanderthal age I guess.

If anyone has an idea what program to use for the transfers that would be
nice, since gtkam downloads pictures but doesn't transfer to the camera [ in
this case a music device ].

Apparently I could just record music on the line in but there wouldn't be any
song index.  I might try that however with an audiobook that I recently
downloaded from Librivox.  Probably use less memory if I transferred the .ogg
file, ??

Thanks anyone.

--
Merv Curley