So Rogers has lost me as a customer...

Leigh Honeywell nyetwork-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 31 23:51:35 UTC 2006

On 1/31/06, Andrew Hammond <ahammond-swQf4SbcV9C7WVzo/KQ3Mw at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> > Hence why I still think it is 5Mbit.
> > Makes me roll my eyes at Bell's new adds claiming to be 5 times faster
> > than rogers.  They don't say up to 5 times faster, and they don't say
> > compared to which rogers service.  So obviously Bell must be
> > offering a
> > 25Mbit connection now.  Where do I sign up? :)
>
> Oh, is that their new wireless thing? Personally, I think I'll wait
> until there's fiber options available before I ditch the cable.
> Rogers has been sufficiently reliable, at least for me. However we
> have a fiber connection at work...

EVDO, the "new Bell wireless thing" is only around 2.4 Mbps.  There is
a 25 Mbps service being rolled out, but you can only get 5 of actual
internet off it - the other 20 are being used to deliver IPTV.  2
channels at 10Mbps per.  Over a traditional phone line, currently only
rolled out to a few CO's.

But screw the next-gen DSL.  I'd like some FTTP please :-)