[OT] FS: Sun Fire V20zs, 2x250s, 4GB RAM w/3TB of Disk

Anon Sun anon.sun-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 31 21:37:53 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to see if there's any interest in some brand-new, "still in
box", highly discounted Sun gear that my employer needs to liquidate
ASAP. They've been sitting, unused and unopened, in an environmentally
controlled warehouse for about 6 months.

We've got 9 "sets" of:

- a Sun Fire V20z, 2xAMD Opteron 250s, 4GB of RAM, 1x73GB SCSI HD;
- a 3TB Sun StorEdge 3511, 12x250GB SATA disks w/1 RAID controller;
- a 2GB single channel FC HBA.

They're very Linux friendly - I've run various recent flavors of
Fedora Core, CentOS, and Ubuntu on this setup with no trouble. Solaris
10 and Windows Server 2003 run like a dream as well. I've found the
performance to be great for the price point, and would be ideal for a
workgroup file server, video editing, etc. On the downside, the
warranty isn't transferable.

This setup normally lists at $38,890 CDN, but we really need to move
'em in the next month - price is negotiable and dependent on quantity,
but we're looking for about $13,500 CDN per unit.

Drop me a line if you know of a company this might help. Thanks in advance.