Strategy to rank Toronto among world’s top 5 places for ICT

Paul Sutton zen14920-1HOZaDBbGgxaa/9Udqfwiw at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 30 20:35:49 UTC 2006

This looks interesting,  has the lug got any influence or say in this issue.

http://www.toronto.ca/business/index.htm

I know lots of people consider MS to be industry standard, however there
are lots of areas, that GNU/Linux is being used, e,.g web servers,  and
even on the US goverments Son of Star wars programme, which will mean
that we will need skills in OSS inorder to maintain these systems, in
the future,  I will have a read through this, but it sounds a good
opportunity to promote GNU/Linux and related technologies.  shame that
My local council in England is not as optimistic.

Paul