OTVery low-level hardware question

Patrick Allen pallen3-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 30 14:11:44 UTC 2006

Jim Skehill wrote:

> Before I get out my soldering iron (if I can find it) I was wondering if
> there's some alternative technology out there, i.e. a conductive adhesive
> that could be used in place of solder.

Years ago when I used to fix televisions and other consumer electronic products,
I found a "trace pen" to be useful on occasion.  This is basically what it
sounds like.  A pen, with a conductive ink.

It won't have the holding power of solder.  But if you can restore your
electrical connection, you can probably firm things up with a little CA glue.

P.Allen