So Rogers has lost me as a customer...

Byron Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 29 16:44:24 UTC 2006

Wow - there's enough horror in the responses so far that Roger's doesn't
look so bad anymore ;)

Maybe I'll suck it up and just deal with it. Haven't had too many
connectivity problems, and I actually get about 140 Kbps above what my
upload cap should be. Toss ack prioritization on top of that, and the
connections been pretty good and smooth. No real speed complaints.

Too bad I probably made an idiot of myself to the Rogers folks, however
justified I might have been. It's just been so many years of nonsense
over the years with Rogers, ya know, really feeling played. They got a
bad case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, or
not keeping their (sub)contractors in the loop. The folks that actually
show up to install and wire the place have always been, in my
experience, pretty cool. It's the rest of the company.

The kicker: in the past, when the lady of the house or I would phone up
to cancel a Rogers service (other than internet) 50% of the time we'd
still receive it for MONTHS afterwards without getting billed for it!
They're so half-assed they even have problems being half-assed in their
own favour :)