So Rogers has lost me as a customer...

Slack Rat slackrat-mOBtk8rjKVpiLUuM0BA3LQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 29 09:11:24 UTC 2006

Byron Sonne wrote:
> ...the douchebags and their usual idiocy, I don't wanna get to into it
> but this is the last straw. Dumping cable and going to satellite for TV,
> too (open for suggestions in this regard as well).
>
> However I'm not sure what to do about getting a new service provider. I
> do alot of downloads and uploads, and for once I'd like a company that
> guarantee me some level of service and will put it on paper that I can
> run servers. I work from home alot, and I'd like to be able to run a
> small honeynet too.
>
> Goals: better than Rogers Extreme service, which is allegedly 8 Mbps
> down and 640 Kbps up. I'd rather not spend more than $100 a month.
> Residential service, too, although if I can get a phat business DSL line
> at a good price in this area of forest hill I'd totally consider that
> option.
>
> Gonna be a drag to lose the blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org email address, but I'll
> survive. Might finally get around to registering my own domain, so maybe
> I need some kind of package deal, eh? :)

Well I too was happy to be rid of Rogers, having originally been a Shaw
subscriber.

But then I moved to France, and harking to a couple of idiots posing as
wise men, both occupying such positions that I inferred that they ought
to know the score, I signed up with Wanadoo.

My 20 mega connection has never topped out at more than 16 and usually
comes in around 4 - 6 despite the fact that I'm paying a premium for the
high speed option.

Loss of connection, whilst never (touch wood) long, is all to frequent
and I once had three IP numbers within a ten minute period.

And I don't even have the pleasure, of a snowy winter night of calling
Rogers' support and telling them I run Linux, just for a giggle.

--
Slack Rat
(Bill Henderson)