So Rogers has lost me as a customer...

Aaron Vegh aaronvegh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 29 03:25:17 UTC 2006

Oddly, Rogers' business services are priced the same as their home
service. This is their "Home Office" comparison chart:

http://www.shoprogers.com/business/businesssolutions/internetpackages_homeoffice.asp?shopperID=KVRNRRHF5CBJ9HV1VSRTUD46VQAE00T3

Can't find anything on metering or servers, naturally.

Interestingly, I just got off the phone with Rogers tonight. I was
asking about how they meter Bittorrent, and was told two interesting
facts:

1. They intend to cap only the upload of data through BT, not
download. It seems they want to cut your upload bandwidth in half
(i.e. in my case to 400 kbps from 800)
2. They're "in progress" on this capability right now. That is, it's
not working as intended in all locations.

Cheers,
Aaron.