How to turn d-link wireless router to a switch?

Nick Davey ndavey3-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 28 18:50:27 UTC 2006

You do not need a crossover cable. The LAN ports on the D-Link router
are Auto-MDI/MDIX, i.e., the hardware will "reconfigure" itself
automatically to accept either a straight cable or a crossover cable.

There are several threads on this forum which discuss how to connect
a second router to behave only as an Access Point. The basic steps
are as follows:

1) Disable DHCP on the D-Link router
2) Under WAN, assign it a Static IP Address, it doesn't matter what
this is.
3) Do NOT connect anything to the WAN port of the D-Link router. Use
your ethernet cable to connect a LAN port on your D-Link router to
the rest of your network.

Good luck!