i386 anyone?

Chris Friedt Chfriedt-0jnyayh6ARPqzrOJbVgLALDks+cytr/Z at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 27 15:15:44 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I'm working in Ryerson's networking department, and we're getting rid
of unused equipment & moving to a new room. I'm not available to give
out a list of hardware by any means, but this particular unit is a bit
of a collector's item :D We will not be salvaging any of the parts
because they're close to two decades old, which is why I've been able to
make this one available.

here are the specs on the chip itself:
http://www.cpu-collection.de/?l0=co&l1=Intel&l2=i386%20DX#A80386DX-33IV,i386DXlogo,%A9'85

I can't find any identifying labels on the motherboard unfortunately,
but it is in full working condition, PC's are just not built to last
these days ;-) . There is a FULL 8MB of RAM inside too!!! The
motherboard is an old one, with hand-soldered through-board connections,
and I believe that the board only has two layers - top & bottom.

The case includes:

four DRAM SIMMS - 2MB each
an ISA network card - half duplex ethernet
an ISA DB25 / DB15 card
a DB9 serial and DB25 serial interface (for some reason they're both
labelled as COM ports??)
a 3.5" AT IDE disk - 340 MB
a VGA graphics card
AT keyboard interface - minus the keyboard
a 3 1/2" floppy disk drive - not sure for what capacity
a 5 1/4" floppy disk drive - 1.2 MB - with a bunch of disks

Does anyone need something for their museum or antique shop ? Maybe for
some sort of modern art ?

I will be listening for 24 hrs only, so unless I get a response by 10
am tomorrow it is trash ! Also, I'm not going to do any part-swapping,
so the box is available as all or nothing.

~/Chris

Christopher Friedt
Ryerson University
Computing & Communication Services