OT: Canadian Record Label Fights RIAA Lawsuits

Meng Cheah meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 27 14:50:29 UTC 2006

/Nettwerk Music Group, Canada's leading privately owned record label has
joined the fight
<http://www.michaelgeist.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1088&Itemid=113&nsub=>
against the RIAA's strategy of individual lawsuits. Nettwerk CEO Terry
McBride says 'Suing music fans is not the solution, it's the problem.
Litigation is not "artist development." Litigation is a deterrent to
creativity and passion and it is hurting the business I love. The
current actions of the RIAA are not in my artists' best interests.'"

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/06/01/27/0540233.shtml

http://www.michaelgeist.ca is being slashdotted :-)

/