Trying to get a wireless card working...

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 26 19:53:48 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 02:16:50PM -0500, William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:
> That's good thought, but unfortunately, I do have the right driver
> installed.  I updated the pci.ids file (which on Debian lives in
> /usr/share/misc/) too, but that produced no change.  Disappointing.

Well one message I found said that ndiswrapper with the win2k driver
found on the CD they got worked for them.
http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:gt5CpfDcbikJ:kanotix.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-p-82352.html+WG311+v3+linux&hl=en&gl=ca&ct=clnk&cd=6

It is apparently a marvell, so good luck getting an open source
driver anytime soon.

The v2 and v1 seem to just work with linux in general (atheos chipset on
one of them, and prism54 on the other I think).

Len Sorensen