Vote Today!!! Re:OT: fake election e-mail

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 23 16:02:59 UTC 2006

On 1/23/06, Zoltan <zhunt at zee4.com> wrote:
> Just a heads-up, I caught this yesterday, basically there's a e-mail
> going around saying that you can vote on two days:
>
> "...Elections Canada was warning them not to be led astray by a
> fraudulent e-mail about the election that has been
> circulating...Elections Canada said the bogus e-mail bears the agency's
> logo and the name of Jean-Pierre Kingsley, chief electoral officer, and
> incorrectly states that people can vote on two days – Monday and Tuesday."

I suppose the question arises as to whodunnit, whether it be tricky
Liberals trying to convince naive Conservatives to not bother voting
today, or the converse...

At any rate, be sure to vote today, if you haven't already...
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)