Jan 24th. NewTLUG meeting: Personal Information Managers - "Taming the TODO"

Sacha Chua sacha-ctE++fEYmiYdc6zLPptBHg at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 20 23:24:11 UTC 2006

Sy Ali <sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> I think the biggest problem I've faced with using a technology to be
> more productive is that it has been an impossibly intimidating thing
> for me to figure out just *how* to use the tools to make myself
> productive.

The trick is not to become incredibly more productive all in one go.
It's much easier and more effective to tweak things just a little at a
time, giving yourself enough time to get used to things. The personal
information manager I use is insanely flexible and I've got a really
funky config for it, but I didn't figure everything out at the start.
I just put in the basics, then figured out little things that made me
happier. =) Slowing down change also saved me from the temptation to
just keep tweaking my system. ;)

Sacha
--
Sacha Chua <sacha-ctE++fEYmiYdc6zLPptBHg at public.gmane.org> - open source, free software geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, public speaking