40 hour work days - Was: Open Source and my company's web application

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 20 22:28:01 UTC 2006

On 1/20/06, Sy Ali <sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 1/20/06, Scott Elcomb <psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Where do we sign up for 40hr days, by the way???  Lol.
>
> Polyphasic sleep can give 22 functional hours of uptime per day.
> Steve Pavlina has been doing and blogging about it for 90 days.  My
> business partner has been doing it for a while now, although he's
> switching to solid "core sleep" (4.5 hours before, now 3 hours) and
> naps from the original 15-25 minute naps.
>
> The one biggest complaint of polyphasic sleepers is that they have so
> much time on their hands that they get confused at how to organize it
> all.  Hence the todo application fascination from my side of things.
> =)
>
> http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/01/polyphasic-sleep-update-day-90/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep

I've heard that Da Vinci took that approach, and have always been
curious about it.  I've been struggling with sleep for severl years,
trying everything from strict schedules to 32 hour days (which didn't
work well).  Thanks for the resources, gives me a new direction to
look.

> My own past experience is with 21-23 hours of uptime, although that's
> via lucid dreaming.  I'm retired now, but it was an interesting
> experience.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming

When I was 14 or 15, I played with LD a bit.  Never really mastered
it, but it's stayed with me in a limited fashion over the years;  once
in a blue moon I'll realize I'm dreaming during sleep - at which point
I usually start working on finding solutions to really convoluted
problems.

> Now I'm just a lazy bastard who likes todo applications for making it
> easier to write tickets for other people.  *grin*

Your todo list handles tickets as well?

--
Scott Elcomb
psema4.gotdns.com