disgustingly offtopic: energy shopping

Tim Writer tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 19 22:48:02 UTC 2006

Scott Elcomb <psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> On 1/19/06, William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 01:47:12PM -0500, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> > > William Park wrote:
> > But, they represent another "middleman" in all this.  So, My question is,
> >     - why would it be cheaper for me to have one more "middlemen"?
>
> Because it's the value of a supply-chain.
>
> A middleman can be cumbersome, especially within a business.  But on
> the outside, it empowers B2B (bussiness-to-business) opportunities.

That's pretty vague. As it was explained to me at the door, by entering into
a fixed price contract, you allow energy suppliers (the middlemen) to buy
energy resources in bulk. By making an up front committment, you make it
easier for them (and their suppliers) to manage their supply which helps them
to negotiate a better price (on behalf of a large group of consumers).

--
tim writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                                  starnix inc.
647.722.5301                                      toronto, ontario, canada