[OT] Open Source and my company's web application

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 19 02:41:40 UTC 2006

On 1/18/06, Sy Ali <sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> It's quite off-topic, but there are some people with good brains
> lurking about.  Or good lurks braining about.  =p
>

> There's this little web application that my company has been working
> on for a while.  It really rocks.  It really really rocks.
>
> We've been using it for some time.  It is the single most powerful
> driving force in the way my business runs from day to day.
>
> It's nearing readyness for public viewing/flaming.  We're just not
> sure how to go about this.
>
> It's one of those funky Ruby/Rails whiz-bang AJAXy apps.  Yes, and
> it's yet another todo application.
[ snip ]

I'm in a boat slightly behind yours and don't have the answers either.
 My thinking is heavily biased (by the AVP project) towards commercial
foss (w/o impairment), though I've no idea whether the model is
applicable to todo lists...  Maybe something along the lines of
TransGaming's Cedega?

Beyond that, I can't really offer much help or advice atm.  Best of
luck with your release, and I look forward to trying it.  I did one in
Perl CGI last year as well, 'cause nothing else worked right.  Moving
to an AJAX tool would be really wonderful.

--
Scott Elcomb
psema4.gotdns.com

Canada Votes 2006 - Election Talk