GTALUG RSS?

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 18 02:24:11 UTC 2006

On 1/17/06, Sy Ali <sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 1/16/06, Scott Elcomb <psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > What does MediaWiki use for the backend?  If it's SQL (MySQL comes to
> > mind), and assuming that the backend is designed relatively well, an
> > add-on tool in perl should be relatively easy.  (How's that for a null
> > statement?)
>
> Yes it's MySQL.. it seems to be pretty good, as a number of people
> have done some successful hacking around with it in mind.

Great.  I'll get a copy of MediaWiki installed to try it then.
Basically my plan is to query the db for a user's watchlist, so that
all the customization of one's personal feed would require is that
they manage their watchlist.

If MW stores a "last viewed" time then it should be pretty painless,
if not then it's SAL to the rescue.  :-)

Gotta sleep first tho...  The AVP project is starting to materialize
and between that and work, the days are awfully long.  Lol, and I'd
like to actually time how long it takes to implement a prototype after
MW's installed.

Curious, how long would you say it takes to setup a basic MW installation?

--
Scott Elcomb
psema4.gotdns.com

Canada Votes 2006 - Election Talk