GTALUG RSS?

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 18 04:48:01 UTC 2006

Scott Elcomb wrote:
> Great.  I'll get a copy of MediaWiki installed to try it then.
> Basically my plan is to query the db for a user's watchlist, so that
> all the customization of one's personal feed would require is that
> they manage their watchlist.
>
> If MW stores a "last viewed" time then it should be pretty painless,
> if not then it's SAL to the rescue.  :-)

Not sure if it would help, but MediaWiki uses two fields that might be
of interest: rc_timestamp & rc_cur_time. I'm not sure how you'd go about
it (if at all), but couldn't you query the timestamp(s) for any page in
the user's watch list?

> Gotta sleep first tho...  The AVP project is starting to materialize
> and between that and work, the days are awfully long.  Lol, and I'd
> like to actually time how long it takes to implement a prototype after
> MW's installed.
>
> Curious, how long would you say it takes to setup a basic MW installation?

You could do it in less than half an hour. 10 minutes if you try really
hard and know exactly where to click and which files to edit. I wouldn't
rush it the first time though.

Jamon