IBM laptop

Scott Allen scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 16 12:07:07 UTC 2006

On Sun Jan 15,2006 01:10:42 PM Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> Scott Allen wrote:
>
>> On Sun Jan 15,2006 12:01:06 AM Evan Leibovitch wrote:
>>
>>> IBM never publicly offered a desktop or laptop PC without
>>> the Microsoft tax; its high-end models wouldn't even give
>>> you the option of the less-expensive XP Home.
>>

>> IBM did sell a laptop with Linux installed.
>>
>> <http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-4PEJF4>
>
> I sit corrected. I would note that the example above must have
> taken some digging; the system Scott indicated came preloaded with
> Caldera OpenLinux.

Ok, how about a laptop that was certified to run RedHat Linux:

<http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/2059.wss>

On Sun Jan 15,2006 12:01:06 AM Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> My support calls were always met by polite reminders that
> official Linux Thinkpad support has never existed.

If they ever tell you this again, you may wish to point them to these
links.

--
** Scott Allen   scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org **
**     Toronto, Ontario, Canada     **