OLPC (One Laptop per Child) wiki

Yanni Chiu yanni-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 15 21:51:02 UTC 2006

I came across this link that may be of interest to some:
    http://pedia.media.mit.edu/index.php/One_Laptop_per_Child
Note, the site seems slow - the pages took about a minute
to display..

The machine will run Linux, according to the site.

There's also preliminary hardware specs available; briefly:

- Processor: AMD Geode GX500 at 1.0W with AMD CS5536 companion chip
- Memory: 128MB DRAM, possibly DDR Mobile
- Nonvolatile storage: 512MB (possibly 1GB) NAND flash memory
- BIOS/loader: hardware details TBD; either conventional, or maybe LinuxBIOS, if available in time.
- Audio: AC97 codec (chip TBD; we are down to probably two or three alternatives), built-in stereo speakers and mono microphone, jacks for external stereo speakers and microphones
- External ports: four USB2.0, one supporting On-The-Go functionality
- Display: dual-mode, based on a 7.2" diagonal 800x600 monochrome TFT panel
- Input devices: keyboard, trackpad
- Wireless: Atheros AR5004G or AR5004GS chip, 802.11b/g.